Saturday, October 02, 2010,8:33 PM
Last post was about Meeting the Drivers, this time, its about SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2010!
Apart from saying it was really good, I honestly, do not know how I can describe it. HAHA
It was an awesome experience, definitely worth the money and time!
The sound from the cars, particularly Lewis' car (hahah say what you want, bias? whatever), albeit being really loud, was really majestic and it was full of power! The sound made the experience even more thrilling.
First Practice Session- 24 September 2010, 6pm.
It was raining when I was waiting for my sister at Raffles MRT Station, thankfully, the rain stopped we arrived at the circuit. Thank you, Jesus. I was praying really hard for the rain to stop! After going through security checks, we walked down and we saw platforms which we could stand on and so we went onto one. We stood at Turn 13 which led to a long straight. We arrived at 5pm and we waited excitedly for the start of the first practice session. There were 3 caucasian children standing beside me and they kept on squeezing towards me and I moved a little to give them more space cause they were wearing the Team McLaren T-Shirt hahaha. Had they worn Ferrari T-shirts, I would have elbowed them ahhahaah, kidding.
Anyway, the long-awaited Practice session started and I would say that the place we stood at offered us a good view. The cars were a little slower cause it was a turn and we could see the cars and drivers really clearly. The only bad thing was that there wasnt a superscreen near us, hence, we had no idea what was going on in the pit garage and on the other parts of the track. I was really excited especially when Lewis drove passed hahhah and I cheered whenever he drove past. A pity he didnt come out for many laps but seeing him drive right before my eyes brought me up to cloud nine instantly hahaha. The boys beside me were really cute, they cheered when Lewis and Jenson drove passed and they boo-ed when Vettel, Webber, Alonso and Massa drove past. After one and a half hours, the session ended and we decided to roam around Zone 4.
After we got our food, we stood at another platform. This time round, we were along a long straight, the one after Turn 13. We chose to stand there cause we wanted to see if its better to stand along a turn or along a long-straight, plus, there was a superscreen there. While waiting for the second practice session to commence, highlights of the past races of the season as well as the excerpts of radio transmissions between drivers and the engineers were played. After watching the highlights and listening to the radio transmission between Lewis and his engineer during the Turkish Grand Prix, I now have a clearer picture of what really happened and I feel Lewis had every right to be upset.
Second Practice Session- 24 September 2010, 10pm.
Finally! The second session started! As we were standing on a long straight, the cars literally zoomed by hahah, its F1, isnt it? We did not have a really good view cause the cars moved towards the right side of the track and we were on the right side hahah. At least we had the superscreen and at least we knew what was going on in the pit garage and the other parts of the track. Even though we did not have a really good view, I would say the experience was equally fantastic, it was as thrilling and yeah, there was still an adrenaline rush! Lewis came out for more laps this time round and it was a feast for my eyes ;). As usual, I was cheering whenever he drove passed. It was really cool to have him drive pass me. The session ended and my sister and I walked to the Vintage Cars Exhibit and we took pictures there before we left. It was a really long day and it was really tiring. Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself a lot and I went home a happy girl.
Third Practice Session- 25 September 2010, 6pm.
I couldnt wait, seriously hahaha. I was at home and it started raining at 2pm? And I started praying like crazy again. hahahh Thankfully, the rain stopped in time. HAHHA
I was at home and I examined the circuit map. You wouldnt believe how many times I looked at the circuit map so that I can find potentially good spots which would offer me a good view hahah. I found a good place and so I made my sister get ready earlier so that we could go and have a look AHHAHA. That place was really good, probably the best in Zone 4. We were at the turn just before the Floating Platform and the platform was a lot closer to the track and best of all, there was a superscreen near us. It was really, the Best of Both Worlds HAHA. We glued our butts there and refused to move and we waited patiently for the Third Practice Session to start. When it finally started, it became even more convincing that the spot that we were at was really good. We could see the cars so clearly, the view was even better than the one at Turn 13! So Lewis drove passed us many many many times and I was cheering again. I was all smiles whenever he drove passed. I cant describe that feeling. That feeling you get when you see your favourite driver drive right before you. It just makes you smile like crazy HAHHA. That hour flew by and it ended and we still glued our butts down till the start of the Qualifying Session.
Qualifying Session- 25 September 2010, 10pm.
QUALIFYING! FINALLY!
I was so anxious! Especially when Q3 Started!
I felt really sad for Massa cause he was knocked out in Q1 but its machines and technology they were dealing with.. so they cant do anything about it..
Anyway, Q3 started and man! my heart was pounding! Every single one of them were on their flying laps and it was really thrilling! After 10 mins, Lewis qualified third! I was really happy! No pole, but hey, third is still good! Apart from saying that the Practice Session and Qualifying Session was really good, I have nothing else to say!
After listening to the press conference, we headed down to the Padang Stage for Adam Lambert! The theme of the concert was LOVE. He wanted to show us the bad side of Love and of course, the good side of Love. It was good! Really good! Adam Lambert kissed his guitarist and everyone went AHHHHH. Jamie said "conservative creatures" HAHHAHA. Adam always appears to have really broad shoulders on TV but he is in fact, really small in frame. He is definitely not as big as what you see on TV.
After his concert, we managed to catch the last train back, thankfully. HAHHA
Lewis qualified third and I watched Adam Lambert, what more can you ask for?
SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX RACE DAY- 26 September 2010!
I was really excited for the race and I was really hopeful!
We arrived really early and we went back to the same place. We sat there for a really long time but it was definitely worth it!
After waiting for so long, the drivers finally went on the Drivers' Parade! I was so excited! HAHHA cause I knew I would be able to see Lewis, you know, without his helmet HAHAH. He looked really good ;) he was waving and smiling and giving his supporters the thumbs up awww. I was so busy taking pictures, I forgot to wave to him and cheer.Nevermind, life still goes on! Some people were really mean cause they boo-ed the drivers whom they didnt like, the top 5 drivers got most of the boos. Seriously, it was so disrespectful of them. I mean whether or not you support them, it doesnt not give you a right to boo them. It just shows how narrow-minded you are and it brings out the sore loser in you. How would you feel if someone boo-ed you? Awful? Hell yeah, but these drivers still kept their smiles and did the right thing. For that, I applaud them, every single one of them.
Anyway, after the parade, we waited anxiously for another one and a half hours for the race to start. Finally finally! The drivers came out on their warm up laps and I was so excited to see Lewis drive pass us! Again, I was cheering when Lewis drove past us! I was really hopeful and I was just so excited! Words cant describe how excited I was, you have to be there to feel it!
FINALLY!
The race started!! I was so anxious when the 5 red lights went off and there was an adrenaline rush! Everyone was cheering when the red lights went off! The atmosphere was amazing! I was so excited see Lewis RACE! I was cheering each time he raced passed us! The feeling was just awesome!
After the deployment of the safety car for the second time, Lewis attempted to overtake Mark Webber and unfortunately, it didnt come off as well as he, his team and I had hoped. It ended up in a retirement for Lewis. My heart sank. It really did. I was cheering when he managed to get pass Mark and his supporters were clapping! Obviously, it didnt last long and he retired. Man, I was on a roller coaster ride. UP, UP, UP, UP and then DOWN. Really Unfortunate. I felt really sad when he threw his steering wheel out. You can just imagine how disappointed and angry he was. Oh well, like what Lewis said, its motor racing and such things do happen. You just have to take it in your own stride and move on.
Prior to the start of F1 weekend, I was praying that I would meet Lewis Hamilton face to face and I really did. He walked past us to get back to the garage and he looked really sad and disappointed. Obviously, I didnt mean it that way. What can I say? God does answer our prayers.
After Lewis retired, I didnt feel as excited anymore and I felt really sore. I mean, your favourite driver retired!
After about 50 mins or so, the race ended with Alonso coming in first! Congratulations! You drove well, so did Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.
After the race, we walked the track and we tried getting to Zone 1 but we couldnt and so we headed home.
I felt really sad cause F1 week came to an end. One whole week of pure excitement and joy! Honestly, I enjoyed myself a lot!The experience I had over the 3 days was awesome and really memorable! It was definitely worth the money and time!
I am very sure I want to attend the Singapore Grand Prix next year! My mother said she would go too, so yay! We'll all go together and support Lewis Hamilton!
anyway, I just have to write this somewhere.
My horoscope told me to take the chance and it may reap benefits.
Did I take the chance? I did. I am so proud of myself cause I finally found the courage to do so.
Will it reap benefits? I am not too sure. Maybe its Jesus' way of telling me to move on. Maybe its Jesus' way of making things work. I dont know. I'll leave everything up to him.
Gen